The Twin Lakes Volunteer Fire Department is a volunteer department providing a quality service to the Village of Twin Lakes and surrounding areas. We are proud of the strength and diversity of our members and emphasize continuous service improvement, focusing on the preservation of life, property and the environment. We recognize the value of our members. We value compassion, honesty, integrity, teamwork and inner strength.
The Twin Lakes Volunteer Fire Department is prepared to handle all emergencies, including major disasters, that may occur in our community.
Our mission is simple: public safety. It is a tribute to everyone in the department that day-in and day-out we meet that challenge and that we do so under conditions that can be difficult and dangerous.
The Twin Lakes Volunteer Fire Department was organized March 4, 1929 by approximately twenty men. Virgil Richter was elected the first chief and meetings were in the basements of various homes. Some members of the Twin Lakes Vol. Fire Department saw a need for emergency medical service in their area. The Twin Lakes Rescue Squad was formed in 1949, the first such organization in western Kenosha County. Earl VanHorne was the first chief (captain) of the Rescue Squad.
Copyright © 2012 Twin Lakes Vol. Fire Dept & Rescue Squad. All Rights Reserved.